Lately I’ve been trying to “stay eggy.” I feel like its time to slow down, go with the flow and trust. So I’ve been dancing sensually before bedtime, working at my own pace, and having some amazing orgasms. <–you knew that was coming, right?!
So what do I mean by being eggy? Well let’s think about this biologically for a minute. The egg waits patiently, knowing that a sperm might reach it. The sperm, on the other hand, has to battle hostile conditions and swim waaaaay upstream.
Being spermy means living in that traditionally masculine place of pushing yourself to go harder/faster/stronger. Its putting your nose to the grindstone and doing whatever it takes.
Being eggy goes completely against this norm. Its about embracing your femininity… treading softly, living leisurely, letting things flow, and releasing your expectations.
Being eggy is amazing for all parts of your life, it can do wonders in the bedroom. When you practice letting go in your everyday life, you get better at releasing in the bedroom. <–tweet that
For us women, that’s where our sweet spot is. Our true power lies in our feminine energy. It lifts us up and empowers us to make great changes in our lives, in our communities, and in the world. The side effect of more satisfying sex and stronger orgasms, well consider that the cherry on top.
Yes I can hear you right now. “Kait…you’re telling us that being more eggy is great and all, but how do you go about doing that?” Here are four tips to get you started:
- Find something leisurely that you love to do…and commit to doing it at least three times a week. This is best if it is something completely frivolous….like taking a bubble bath, reading a good book, or putting on some sensual music (yes it counts if its just in your head) and moving your body. Be sure to schedule this time into your calendar and tell your partner, kids, roommates, etc. so it becomes non-negotiable.
- Wear something beautiful every day. Slip on your favorite sexy underwear, those to-die-for heels, or that daring shade of lipstick you love. Wear that maybe-too-dressy-but-you-love-it outfit to the office, take the time to blow-dry your hair (I struggle with this one too!), or slip on that beautiful piece of jewelry. The options are endless but the truth is, when you look beautiful, you start to feel it too.
- Make sure to have me-time + productivity before checking e-mail. Create a rule where you cannot check your email until you have done at least one thing for you and one productive activity. I know how scary this sounds because I was terrified to do this at first. But I haven’t missed anything vital. If an issue is urgent, someone calls or texts me! Use your am e-mail time to meditate, journal, stretch, read, or simply enjoy your breakfast. When you get to work or school, cross one thing off your to-do list. Then check your e-mail. You’ll be shocked at how much more you accomplish and how much calmer you feel.
- Put in effort and then release. After completing anything (a project, a proposal, a job application, an important e-mail, etc) do this: breathe deep, express gratitude, and release your expectations. *Inhale*Thank you for this opportunity.*Exhale* Whatever is meant to be shall be. Super simple and super powerful.
- Read this article. Take Tonya’s words to heart and start to leisurely hustle.
These changes won’t happen overnight and you’re going to forget them sometimes. But the goal here isn’t perfection, its making a commitment to yourself to embrace your often/sometimes ignored and forgotten femininity. And you know what? Better sex and a more pleasurable life awaits.
What one step will you take to be more “eggy” this week?
Your Partner in Passion,