If you’ve been with your partner for any length of time, you know it can get hard to think up or have the motivation to try fun different sex ideas. In fact, this is how things in the bedroom tend to go:
- Stage 1: Go at it like rabbits. Seriously—there’s so much sexy time.
- Stage 2: Finishing the movie actually seems like a good idea. Seriously—you want to see how it ends!
- Stage 3: You’ve got this sex thing down. You go left while your sweetie goes down. Seriously—it’s practically scripted.
- Stage 4: The sex is still good but…it’s definitely time to try out something new. Seriously—you gotta mix it up.
Even great sex can start to feel like a routine.
It doesn’t matter if you’ve been together days, weeks, or years. Over time couples develop sexual scripts or routines. You might have one or you might have 10. Either way, you sometimes miss those lust-filled days at the beginning of your relationship when you couldn’t keep your hands off each other.
Your sex life isn’t bad but you want to spice things up.
Now don’t get me wrong: boring sex —sex that’s routine and predictable but still pleasurable—can be awesome. It requires a level of intimacy with your partner. It’s comforting to know what happens next and what role you need to play. And it’s empowering to know exactly what turns you and your sweetie on and what gets you there.
Sometimes you want passion.
You want butterflies, adventure, and satisfaction—and fun different sex ideas! And you want it tonight (or this weekend). Maybe something sexy happened during your day to inspire it. Or lately you’ve just been craving something new. Either way, you don’t have time to learn something new or wait for your sex toys to come in.
Adventurous sex doesn’t have to involve tons of bells and whistles.
But what if you’re just craving something different like right now? You can have that! These three fun different sex ideas are hot but totally doable (pun intended) ways to spice things up, no practice needed.
3 Sex Ideas for Couples to Try Tonight
- Do it somewhere new. This can mean anywhere from a hotel room to the living room to your car. Anything that breaks your routine actually activates the creative side of your brain. This means you feel things more deeply, including desire and pleasure. That’s why vacation or hotel sex is so amazing…well that and the fact that you don’t have much to stress about, like cleaning up or worrying about the neighbors. No need to actually get out of the house–staycation sex in a a new part of your home or on a new piece of furniture can be just as thrilling.
- Focus on foreplay…only. No only do most people with vulvas (and a few penises-havers!) need 20-40 minutes of foreplay to get really turned on—think flushed, panting, and practically begging for it, it also is THREE TIMES more likely to bring them to orgasm than penis-in-vagina (PIV) intercourse alone! Instead of thinking of it as the appetizer round, think of foreplay as the main event. More pleasure, more orgasms, rediscovering your favorite sexy past times—what’s not to love?! Bonus: you’ll be in the mood for more later. And by later I mean round two, the next night, or next week.
- Change your speed. Love slow, romantic sex? Have a quickie. Usually get it on between when your sweetie and the kids get home? Take time to tease and explore. Go hard where you normally go soft and be gentle where you’re normally rough. Don’t be surprised if you feel like you’re with a different lover! Except one who already knows exactly what you love. It’s like your own smutty novel come to life.
Enjoy one of these fun different sex ideas tonight!
No matter how long you’ve been with your sweetie, these fun sex ideas for couples can add a new level of intimacy, adventure, and satisfaction.
Want more new and fun sex ideas for couples?
The We Rule Pleasure kit is for you!
Featuring our two bestselling products, it will take you from feeling frustrated, bored, and stuck to having more intimate, exciting, and fulfilling sex—all while feeling more confident, empowered, and connected (to yourself and/or your partner(s)).
This bundle includes:
- The So…You Think You’ve Tried It All? desire inventory to help you uncover/discover what you really, really want, and
- The Sexy Conversation Starter e-book, which makes it easy to talk about sex without fear, awkwardness, or pressuring.