Part of the reason I adore living in NYC is the abundance of products + services that add ease to my life. Everything here is at your fingertips: the subway runs frequently, you can get a taxi, Uber, Lyft, etc practically anytime, anywhere, and you can get anything delivered justlikethat! Therefore when the beau asked if we should sign up for Dollar Shave Club (DSC), I said yes without hesitation. One less thing to think (and bicker) about when we’re grocery shopping? Yes please.
Not familiar with DSC? I’ll let the (totally adorbs *ahem*) owner explain. Prefer to read? Scroll down for a summary.
Love this video and want more? Check out all of DSC’s videos here.
Practical, Convenient, and a Total Steal
Long story short, DSC is a subscription razor club: think Birch Box for shaving supplies. Since the majority of us shave something at some point, you probably experience with one, if not all, of these situations:
- Lamenting the cost of razors at the drug or grocery store.
- Using blades far past when they’ve gone dull.
- Skipped shaving because you forgot to pick up more razors.
If so, I really recommend checking DSC out. You can get started for just $1 and there are a boatload of other benefits. See?
Sassy & Inclusive
While those benefits are awesome, the thing I love the most is that the company’s marketing. For example, their “middle razor” the 4X or Lover’s Blade “was designed to satisfy the harshest critics of both genders, so you can share your subscription (but not your blades, gross) with someone you care about. It’s equally good for the face, legs, armpits, or anything else.” There’s room for improvement (I’d love to see “both genders” become “all genders”) but its definitely something I want to see more of when it comes to products.
Lastly, each month‘s shipment includes an insert with trivia about shaving and timely holiday & events. Cheap razors + upping your trivia game? Game on!
Add More Adventure & Excitement to Your Sexless Relationship
With blades starting at just $3 a month, you can save over $100 a year just on shave supplies. There’s a lot you can do with that money but might I suggest investing it in your relationship? You see, one of the most common questions I get is about sexless relationships. You want to know how to spice things up and make sex and your relationship fun again. There are many ways to do this but the #1 way is to add a sense of adventure + excitement back into the relationship. You can do this in the bedroom or out, on your own or with your partner.
10 Sexy Ways to Spend $100
1) Invest in a high quality sex toy. Sex toys are meant to add fun, playfulness, and excitement to your sexy time. Its one of the easiest ways to “spice things up”- and luxury vibes are made of body-safe materials, super quiet + powerful, and don’t have to break the bank! My top choices are the We Vibe Touch and Pulse 2 Solo.
2) Get a room…literally. There’s something about hotel sex…amiright or am I right? Breaking out of your routine actually stimulates the creative part of your brain. This is why you find yourself doing things on vacation that you never thought you would. Whether you leave your state or simply go to a different neighborhood in your city, take a night and devote it to your sweetie. Go the hotel route or use AirBNB. Extra bonus? When you use that link you’ll get an instant $25 credit…so now your $100 has become $125! The opportunities are endless. 😉
3) Savor a fancy meal. Here in NYC, $100 might not be enough for a fancy dinner but it will get you a damn good brunch or lunch. Put on your favorite outfit, the one that makes you feel equal parts sexy and unstoppable, and enjoy every bite. PS Don’t forget about the self-care before going out: take that bath, use that lotion, and generally just indulge every sense.
4) Buy lingerie. Because why not? Check out Hurray Kimmay for awesome reviews.
5) Take pole dance classes. Pole dancing helps you feel powerful, sexy, and strong. Many women say it helped them take back and own their inner vixens. Its one of my favorite pastimes and getting back to the pole is one of my fitness injury recovery goals. If highly recommend S-Factor if there’s one in your city but many local studios are equally fantastic.
6) Host a sex toy soiree. Soirees are sophisticated, education-based sex toy parties featuring only high quality, body-safe sex toys, lubes, bath and body products, and more.There’s a $50 refundable deposit to hold your date…which means you really get to spend the entire $100 on goodies (plus have access to an exclusive hostess gift). Learn more.
7) Treat yo’self to a spa mani-pedi. And yes you’d like all the extras thankyouverymuch. Or go with a massage. No judgment here, just do something that leaves you feeling amazing!
8) Put it towards a sexy cooking lessons. Lots of chefs will come into your home and you create a delicious meal together. Maybe “sexy” is a little too far but …its a fun and different way to do date night in.
9) Buy all the chocolate. Its an aphrodisiac and almost guaranteed PMS + pregnancy craving. Stock up now, be prepared (and turned on) forever.
10) Buy a couples massage on Groupon. Just be sure to check the places’ Yelp reviews before spending your dollars!
Get it Gurl!
Interested in saving yourself some money on your shave supplies and using the extra money for sexy purposes? Click here to sign up!
Curious about more ways to add the sexy back into your relationship? Click here to sign up for a free Sexual Clarity Call.
Your Partner in Passion,
This post is sponsored by Dollar Shave Club. All opinions expressed are my own. Some of the links are affiliates meaning I earn a small portion when you spend money through them. I only recommend products + services I use personally use and love. Thank you for supporting PbK!